Please stop by the shop and pay in advance. There may not be signups the day of the course. Your spot will only be held if you have paid.
Come learn how to maintain and fix your bike with the guys at PMC. These courses are taught in the shop, after hours, with small groups to ensure a great hands on learning experience. Sign up and payment is in the shop in advance of the course date. Stop in if you have any questions.
More clinics will be offered as to keep with demand. Other topics can be covered if there is demand, such as bleeding hydraulics, wheel building, drivetrain maintenance and replacement, and many others.
Cost: $20 for the basic and $30 for the advanced clinics
Duration: Clinics will last between 60 and 90 minutes
You do not need to bring your bike for any of the clinics. Bikes and tools will be provided.
Students taking the basic clinic will learn about:
- bike parts and their functions
- diagnosing problems
- perform basic maintenance
- fix a flat tire
- there will be time for questions at the end
At the end of the derailleur clinic you will be able to:
- clean your drivetrain
- set-up/install derailleurs
- adjust derailleurs
- change the derailleur cables/housing
- we do not cover DI2 shifting in the course
At the end of the brake clinic you will be able to:
- clean your brake system
- change your pads
- adjust your brakes
- change the cable and housing for cable brakes
- we will not be bleeding hydraulic brakes
At the end of the wheels clinic you will be able to:
- remove and replace spokes
- true wheels to remove both wobbles and hops
- we will not be building wheels or performing hub maintenance